Saturday, July 21, 2012

A new Adventure

First things first, I am going to have to figure out how Blogger works, then I can actually let people know I have a blog here. The goal of this blog is to document my family's homeschool journey. We started last January (2012), due to ongoing problems with the local public school. Although I had never seriously considered homeschooling, it had crossed my mind on occasion. In fact, it has been recommended to me in the past by teachers, as in, "It may reach the point where you are going to have to homeschool if you can't get her into a dedicated gifted school, because we are not going to have the programs to support her for much longer." Yeah, thanks :/ At my age, and with my health, this is not a path I would have chosen had it not been forced upon me, but now that I have embarked on this journey, I would not turn back for all the tea in China.

There is the first paragraph of my new blog. Now I am going to try to figure things our to make it look more like me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment