Friday, August 3, 2012

Family Reunion

We are on our way home from a week in Myrtle Beach with hubby's side of the family. Sunburned, tired, and ties renewed for another year. I was really bummed that one of our nieces couldn't make it, but I am proud of her that she lived up to the responsibility of being a section leader in her band and gave up a vacation where she really wanted to be. It was a very mature decision.

We have stopped for the night in Virginia, and are going to go to Petersburg National Battlefield in the morning before continuing on to PA. I know we are not going to have time to see everything, but at least it will give a physical memory to the Civil War when we study it this year, and I really want to see the site of the Battle of the Crater, as I had an ancestor die there, and the Pennsylvania Monument. There is also a Jr Ranger program, and she loves to do those--and it will count for history! :)

Off to do more research on the battlefield so I can field questions tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment